Here's a quick and easy pasta casserole with all of the flavors of a pepperoni pizza! It's layered like a lasagna and my family really likes it. It can easily be changed up by adding your favorite pizza toppings.Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
- 12 ounces pasta
- 1/2 pound Italian mild sausage, casings removed
- 3 cups (24 ounces) pizza sauce or marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 4 ounces pepperoni
- 8 ounces ricotta
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (optional)
Cook the pasta as directed on package but stop 3 minutes early, drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, cook the sausage in a large saucepan over medium heat, about 10 minutes.
Mix in the sauce with the sausage and 3/4's of the olives and pepperoni and set aside.
Mix the ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan and set aside.
Place half of the pasta in the bottom of a large baking dish, top with half of the sauce, followed by half of the cheese mixture and repeat with another layer of each, finally topping with the remaining olives, pepperoni and oregano.