Ordinarily I'm not superstitious, but after a horrific Friday the 13th, (my next post), we decided we are in need of a cruise to nowhere! When I think of my favorite guilty pleasure on a cruise, without question it's Key Lime Pie. It's just the perfect sweet and sour, creamy-crunchy, melt in your mouth dessert.
With company in town and a big bag of limes in the fridge, I got busy. Lucky for us, I was able to
snap a few inspiring images before this baby was history! If you are in need of a little get-away from life as usual, this is a tasty one.
Key Lime Pie
- 1-1/4 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cups fresh Key lime juice
- grated zest from 2 limes
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Happy Cruising Friends!