|Wish I new who took this blurry picture. I would sure give them credit here, because I think it is hilariously funny!|
Hi friends! HEADS UP...can you believe it's August already?
Are you asking yourself,"Where has summer gone?" We headed to the beach a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed an amazing family reunion in Oceanside, California. After lots of sand, surf, and way too much sun, I must admit I have lost track of time! Before we know it the kiddos will be back in school again, geez.
We have been busy unpacking, washing and catching up in the yard, getting ready for company next week. I will post pictures of the beach and our gang soon. In the meantime I tried Chicken-Apple Curry Salad I hope you like it. It's very low fat, crunchy and cool, making it easy to serve on a hot August night. I added a bed of romaine, some tomatoes and a strawberry on top, and called it good!
Icy lemon-water is the only addition you will need with this salad.
Chicken-Apple Curry Salad
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium apple, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves (I used Smucker's no added sugar)
- 1-2 tablespoons curry powder (go easy, here, adding curry to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves
In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add the yogurt, preserves, curry, mustard, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Serve on lettuce leaves. Makes 4 servings.