Spinach Basil Salad
- 2 bunches baby spinach, washed and stemmed (5-6 cups)
- 1 big bunch basil leaves, washed and stemmed (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 oz. prosciutto, diced small
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3 cloves garlic, mashed and chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 4 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- garnish with croutons and cherry tomatoes
Sauté the garlic and prosciutto in the olive oil until prosciutto is crispy and garlic is soft. Pour the oil in a jar with the balsamic and shake to mix. Season to taste. Gently toss the leaves together in a bowl, pour the warm dressing over and toss again. Sprinkle with pine nuts and grated cheese. Garnish with croutons and tiny cherry tomatoes. Add grilled or poached chicken or salmon, if desired, and serve.
We leave cookies and milk for jolly ol' Santa Clause. Imagine your bunny's delight when he hops by and finds a Spinach Basil Salad all dressed up waiting for him...you got it, bunny bait!