We aren't so much, but we do like the food and we are cheering for the 49ers! Here's what we're taking to our family party...yummo...
So for those of you who can't get enough Chili, here's a creamy version what will have you shouting, "Mama Mia, that's a good chili!" This winning version is full of flavor and a snap to prepare.
Creamy Italian Chili
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound mild Italian sausage, remove casings and break up
- 1 (29 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 (15 oz) cans white beans, with liquid
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons Better Than Bouillon, (I like beef, but you can use any flavor)
- 1 cup water
- 1 (8 oz package) cream cheese, cubed
- Parmesan or mozzarella cheese, finely grated
Note: Crockpot Version, brown the sausage, drain any fat and then throw all but the cheese in a slow cooker. Slow cook for 8 to 10 hours, and sprinkle with cheese.
Here's last year's popular Super Maple-Bacon Snack Mix
Happy Superbowl Weekend all!